Thursday, June 25, 2009

Random Thoughts in The Rain.

Imagine waking up 1am pass midnight to go to work. It was raining, wind was cold and I was lonely walking into the dark wet sidewalk. Holding an umbrella and a stick of Marlboro lights on my other hand. My only companion that night. I have so many memories in the rain. Things that haunts my thoughts until tonight.


I have always been a loner back in college. As I slowly reminsce, I go to school by myself and went home alone. I was kinda enjoying it anyway. I go anywhere I want. See places and never have to ask permission or wait for anyone. I have my own hobbies, likes, tastes and dislike. And I hated my classmates back then. And never really bonded with them until 4th year. But one of my most memorable scene in my life happened exactly 4yrs ago from today. It was the day that I met him. The incident that have changed everything about me since that day.
It was somewhere late in June. The semester has just started when I bumped into one freshman on a corridor while hurrying to my next class. I dont remember his face back then. All I remember was a young, cute brown eyed boy, carrying books with a pack of Marlboro on top. I never was not yet learning to smoke that time but the red pack of Marlboro Red on his hands has somehow suprised me. "What was this guy thinking? exploiting his lungs with this pack of tabacco. do he really thinks it's cool?" I thought.
Days passed and It became know to me that he's class was occupying the room beside our Steno Class. I would sometimes caught him smoking alone outside in the corridor while waiting for thier professor. Day after day I noticed him more till I found myself looking for him. And there he was. He never really noticed me then. I dont know if he was just so busy acting cool. But there are times that I would bump him intentionally for him to realize my existence but all of those were ignored. Well,. until another 4 months later that we were introduced to each other and got each other's name.


that chapter has already ended a long time ago. I cant say I have totally moved on since I still havent changed my number or deleted my friendster account hoping to hear another word from him. Its over ill always keep reminding myself but someone these bittersweet memories I could just not let go. Because these are the things that made me who I am today. For those decisions that I made. For all the experiences I gained. I may never go back. It's a known fact but maybe someday, something better will follow.

1 comment:

kyle said...

almost the same as my experience... i am also a loner (though i have lots of friends)... there are just times when i opt to be all by myself... i also met someone who changed a big part of my life... we are now good friends...i don't know if there's something more for us than being just friends... and yes, i am hoping... :)